On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Ben Donohue <donoh...@icafe.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> been watching this thread with interest.
>
> I have a client that needs something exactly like this.
>
> What does it run on? Linux I suppose?

The server runs on LAMP, so I guess WAMP and MAMP would work too, the
clients work on everything.
windows, linux, os x, android and ios and anything that supports a web
browser and or webdav. The server
also works with nginx, which is what I run it on. there are two .htaccess
files that someone has
converted to nginx

> Anyone have experience with backing up/restoring this in the event of a
> hardware meltdown?

No experience, but dump the mysql db, the webserver config and backup a
directory, like any LAMP app,
not too difficult as far as I can see.

> I would put it in if there is a bullet proof way of ensuring a restore in
> case of a failure.

Practice and document.