On 19 March 2014 22:23, Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want to grep for multiple strings in the same file, and exit if any
> of them is found, it is more efficient (and I think more maintainable) to
> specify them in one line:
>
> grep -q -e test2 -e test3 file2 && exit 0

I like this and it probably does what the OP wanted, however it does
do a different thing to the original program.

The above line will exit the program if test2 is false and test3 is
true. The original program required test2 to be true to exit.

Yeah, pedantic :-)

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale,

ngayw...@une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.