On 21/09/15 12:00, James Gray wrote:

... give ye olde web page a shot in the arm? ...

Here is my attempt to remove the bits from the Slug website which don't work and put in simple links to the bits which do work. The result is not pretty, but at least it should work:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<head>
  <title>Sydney Linux User Group</title>
</head>

  <h1>
   Sydney Linux User Group
  </h1>
   The Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG) is a community of passionate
   freedom and technology lovers in Sydney, Australia. Join the
   Meetup</a> for details of the next event, to be a sponsor, or
   offer a short <em>lightning</em> talk, or a longer presentation.
   Slug meets at 6pm on the last Friday, most months, at <a href=

"http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;q=+48+Pirrama+Road%2C+Pyrmont%2C+au";>
   Google Sydney</a>.
   We are one of the largest and most active of <a href=
   "http://linux.org.au/usergroups";>Australia's users groups</a> for
   the Linux free and open-source computer operating system, with a
   diverse membership of users, developers, sysadmins, and advocates.
   Also:
  <ul>
   <li>
    "https://www.youtube.com/user/sydneylinuxusergroup";>Videos of
    Slug Events</a>
   </li>
   <li>
    on Twitter
   </li>
   <li>
    to Slug Email List</a>
   </li>
  </ul>

Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/