Hi Chris,

Could you define too long, and what problems it caused please?
we have tested this migration in a VM sandbox. After >30 min we decided to interrupt the procedure and look for a faster solution.

The "foreign constraints" came from another database a colleague of mine has installed, we could fix this :-)

What we did was
* mysqldump the whole databas
* delete from ..._job_table where time_end>unix_timestamp('2013-08-01')
* follow the SchedMD update protocol.

And now we look into automatic pruning...

Thank you all
Ulf
Dr. Ulf Markwardt

Technische Universität Dresden
Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH)
01062 Dresden, Germany

Phone: (+49) 351/463-33640      WWW:  http://www.tu-dresden.de/zih