Hi all,

I have the intention of working on Slurm, modifying it to satisfy my needs
and (hopefully) include some new functionalities. I am however kind of
newbie with this kind of software development, so I am writing looking for
advise. My question is, can you recommend me any tools for the development
of slurm?

As a first layer, my idea is to use plain virtual machines and employ
Puppet to configure them and then install MPICH and BLCR. Then, Jenkins
would install and configure a Slurm-based cluster and run a set of tests.

I am however new in using both tools and in developing Slurm, so I am kind
of lost right now. then, before starting to build and configure all this, I
would really appreciate some suggestions from more experienced developers.

I have planned to clone Slurm github repo to work with my own github, and
then employ Jenkins for Continuous Integration. I have some doubts on how
to exactly do that, in particular regarding the contextualization of the
compilation process, and the integration of the included regression tests
with Jenkins. Have you got any suggestions on this? Again, any feedback on
the best tools to work with Slurm would be welcome.

Thanks for your help. Best regards,

Manuel