The algorithm I use is fairtree under 14.11 but I believe that my question relates to any method.

As a University, we have many investments into a given cluster. At the most simplistic level, lets assume there are but two two allocations. The method I have been using is to assign a value, as a percentage of ownership, to the various ACCOUNTs such that when summed across all accounts, they add to 100.

So chemistry might have a fairshare value of 20 as they contributed 20% of the funding. Physics has a value of 10. And so forth, with many having a fairshare value of 1 since no money was contributed.

In the past, I simply assigned either a fairshare value of parent to the users or assigned them a value of 1.

So lets take a user, call him Bill, who has a fairshare value of 1 under the account=chem. It appears to me that this 1 share is actually a 1 share of the total and not a 1 share of what the account=chem owns. Am I reading this correctly here?

Thanks,
Bill