Paul,

If the user always want a specific set of MCA options, then they should be
placed in $HOME/.openmpi/mca-params.conf
Otherwise, one should use environment variables with the prefix OMPI_MCA_

A far more complete answer is here:
https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#setting-mca-params

-[another] Paul

--
Paul H. Hargrove                          phhargr...@lbl.gov
Computer Languages & Systems Software (CLaSS) Group