I can highly recommend EasyBuild as an easy way to provide software packages as "modules" to your cluster. We have been very pleased with EasyBuild in our cluster.

I made some notes about installing EasyBuild in a Wiki page:
  https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/EasyBuild_modules
We use CentOS 7 Linux.

Also, if you want information about Slurm setup, I have written another set of Wiki pages:
  https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/SLURM

/Ole