Assuming the GUI produced script is as you indicated (I am not sure where
you got the script you showed, but if it is not the actual script used by a
job it might be worthwhile to examine the Command= file from scontrol show
job to verify), then the only thing that should be different from a GUI
submission and a manual submission is the submission environment.  Does the
manual submission work if you add --export=NONE to the sbatch command to
prevent the exporting of environment variables?  And maybe add a printenv
to the script to see what environment is in both cases.  Though I confess I
am unable to think of any reasonable environmental setting that might cause
the observed symptoms.

--
Tom Payerle
DIT-ACIGS/Mid-Atlantic Crossroads        paye...@umd.edu