Hello

We added some newer Epyc nodes, with NVMe scratch, to our cluster and so want
jobs to run on these over others.  So we added "Weight=100" to the older nodes
and left the new ones blank.  So indeed, ceteris paribus, srun reveals that the
faster nodes will accept jobs over older ones.

We have the desired outcome though I am a bit confused by two statements in the
manpage<https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html> that seem to be
contradictory:

"All things being equal, jobs will be allocated the nodes with the lowest
weight which satisfies their requirements."

"...larger weights should be assigned to nodes with more processors, memory,
disk space, higher processor speed, etc."

100 is larger than 1 and we do see jobs preferring the new nodes which have the
default weight of 1.  Yet we're also told to assign larger weights to faster
nodes?

Thanks!
Doug

--