On 01-05-2020 09:21, Felix Farcas wrote:
I did install a new server ARC-CE with slurm-20.x

I installed only one node for testing.

On my old nodes I do have slurm-17.x

Now I am asking, if I am going to move my old nodes to the new sever with slurm.20.x do i have to remove old slurm and install the new one, or the two version can function together?

You may upgrade at most by 2 major versions of Slurm. For example, 17.02 to 18.08, then 18.08 to 20.02. I have collected information about this in my Wiki page:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#upgrading-slurm

Upgrading of the Slurm database must be done really carefully as described in this page.

/Ole