On Sep 7, 2014, at 5:25 AM, mchile...@kannilox.com wrote:

> Well if that’s the issue how come my smartos setup in vmware player on my
> laptop is working fine with:

Contrast your setup with the relevant subset of mine:

# admin_nic is the nic admin_ip will be connected to for headnode zones.
admin_nic=0:30:48:c8:fe:a4
#admin_ip=dhcp
#admin_netmask=
#admin_network=...
#admin_gateway=dhcp
admin_ip=172.18.2.250
admin_netmask=255.255.255.0
admin_network=...
admin_gateway=172.18.2.1

headnode_default_gateway=

That your laptop setups works may (and this is a guess) be a function of some
indirection in vmware.  Or, perhaps, the difference is that you (like me)
expect the admin network to be routable.  I don’t have any VMs using the admin
network, but it is fully routable so that I can use it to access a node from

--
Coy Hile
coy.h...@coyhile.com