Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that I can solve this issue without using NFS/iSCSI/SMB?
In my case, there are one physical machine, 4 SSD,  1 SATA. I group SATA into a
pool naming sata_zpool and also group SSD to a pool naming zones.

#zpool create sata_zpool c2t3d0
#zfs create -V 50G sata_zpool/test

#zpool status
  pool: sata_zpool
  state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
sata_zpool    ONLINE       0     0     0
 c2t3d0    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

  pool: zones
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
zones       ONLINE       0     0     0
 raidz1-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
   c0t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
   c0t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
   c0t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
   c0t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Then I can write the json file like below

test.json
{
  "brand": "lx",
  "image_uuid": "d5b3865c-0804-11e5-be21-dbc4ce844ddc",
  "alias": "test",
  "kernel_version": "2.6.32",
  "hostname": "test",
  "max_physical_memory": 1024,
  "resolvers": [
    "114.114.114.114",
    "8.8.8.8"
  ],
  "filesystem": [
    {
      “type”: “zfs”,
      "source":”/sata_zpool/test",
      "target":”/test"
    }
  ],
  "nics": [
    {
      "nic_tag": "admin",
      "ip": "10.20.2.49",
      "netmask": "255.255.255.0",
      "gateway": "10.20.2.1",
      "primary": "1"
    }
  ]
}

#vmadm create -f test.son
#zlogin UUD
#df -h
none             11G  562M   10G   6% /

It seems that it does not work. Could you please help me? Thanks very much.

On Mar 12, 2016, at 5:52 PM, Jorge Schrauwen