From: Ian Collins [mailto:i...@ianshome.com]
Sent: 星期日, 三月 13, 2016 4:08
To: smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org
Subject: Re: [smartos-discuss] How to mount different zfs volumn to the same lx
branded zone

On 03/12/16 22:49, Fred Liu wrote:
It seems hardware pass-through is not applicable in SmartOS from what I know.
But
there are some indirect methods(NFS/iSCSI) you can try for there is almost no
network
overhead in LX.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Have you tried just using one pool and found that option to be inadequate?

Don't forget most Linux applications aren't written with ZFS in mind so they
suggest all sorts of "performance" tricks we don't have to use.

[Fred]: I think the questioner wants to tier the disk performance. That is to
say to use ssd to cache and to use sata to store data
               for  database application. Joyent guys have  implemented  ZFS
I/O Throttle. If this feature has greate granularity, using one
              pool should be the best.

Thanks.

Fred