Yes. It is exactly. I have tried tuning resolution in VNC client(RealVNC and
TigerVNC) and got no luck.
I also tried to switch vga to other device, it still didn't help.

>       BTW, is spice stable enough on SmartOS?
>

> My old email address which was CCd on your message was from my time at
> Elysium Digital which was acquired by Stroz Friedberg[1] in 2015 and which I
> left in March of this year (2016).
> When I left, ~50 people in that Boston office were still using Spice enabled
> VMs
> (running Fedora as the guest OS) on SmartOS as their primary work systems
> every day which they had been doing for years.
>
> I would have argued then that for some value of stable, that counted.
>
> I do not know if that system is still in use, and even if it is, it probably
> won't be
> for much longer.
> For a while after I left I was still regularly using a Spice enabled Fedora
> VM on
> my home server for most of my personal stuff.
> At this point most of what I was doing on it has been split apart between a
> Mac
> laptop and a Centos 7 LX branded zone on the SmartOS machine.
> Which means that the Spice for SmartOS work is currently dormant in terms of
> my time and I'm pretty sure no one else is actively developing it.
>
> So it may be somewhat stable, but it's kind of rotting on the vine at this
> point.

Looks really promising but it is sad to see this endeavor is paused. I am gonna
play your bits to taste the vine. ;-)
Thanks for your contribution! VDI should be an import direction for SmartOS and
OmniOS.

> <shameless self promotion>
> If anyone out there is using the Spice enabled QEMU code and needs support,
> my current employer, OmniTI, is a consulting company and can sell you my time
> to work on it.
> </shameless self promotion>

+1, cheers!

Fred