Hi Erich!

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:07:02 +0100, e.waelde wrote:
> I would like to have encrypted store (1GB partition, say) for private
> files.

Have you evaluate how to provide the encryption passphrase?  I am mostly
a CLI guy, which means that it would be a pain to tupe the passphrase
with matchbox-keyboard keyboard ATM.

> I'm would prefer to use cryptsetup/luks, because I use that
> elsewhere. Turns out that kernel 2.6.24-20081103.git7172ec57 is not
> supporting CONFIG_DM_CRYPT.

The Debian kernel still uses the FSO config files, but we should really
enable all modules by default ASAP.

> How do I get this to work (cross-compiling and building I guess)? Any
> pointers?

After you have set up a qemubuilder as explained at "Develop
Applications for and on Debian" [1], the following should work but it is
untested:

  $ mkdir ~/test && cd ~/test
  $ apt-get source linux-image-2.6-openmoko
  $ apt-get install ncurses-dev
  [needed by the next step]
  $ make menuconfig
  $ cp .config defconfig-gta02
  $ dch -l $SOMETHING
  [so you create a package which is not official]
  $ pdebuild --pbuilder qemubuilder --configfile armel-rc

As a general note, when someone finds that a Debian package is missing
something, please report it to the Debian BTS (following the "Reporting
bugs" instruction [1]): it is easier to check the Debian BTS than
digging into the mailing lists' archives.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner