Ciao Luca,

thanks for your comments!

Luca Capello wrote:

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:07:02 +0100, e.waelde wrote:
I would like to have encrypted store (1GB partition, say) for private
files.

Have you evaluate how to provide the encryption passphrase?  I am mostly
a CLI guy, which means that it would be a pain to tupe the passphrase
with matchbox-keyboard keyboard ATM.

You definitely have a point here! Some options:

a) for me personally matchbox-keyboard is ok, since I'm very short sighted %-) but taking off the glases will not work for everyone.

b) I could imagine some (long? complex?) pointer gesture as input to be transformed into the correct passphrase. This does, however, mean that the passphrase is stored somehow on the device :-( Bad idea. Similarly bad for motion gestures.

c) In the future I could imagine the neo equipped with a RFID reader or some other very short range wireless thing. The rfid tag could go into the strap of a wristwatch, a bracelet, a ring or whatever ...

The point is to separate the mantra from the neo as it should be.

The main reason to have encryption at all is to protect your personal data in case the neo gets lost. Individually encrypted files may help, but do not solve entering the mantra either.

Cheers,
Erich