Hi Michele,

Am Dienstag, den 16.12.2008, 00:29 +0100 schrieb Michele Renda:
> I made the first slot of changes. Please have a look and do al the
> criticism you want :)
> Tell to me the parts you think must to be explained better, which part
> must to be removed, etc.

well, if you ask for it, I’ll make a little wish list :-) I’m sending
the reply to the list, as some comments are also questions.

Installation: Add links to the lists archive.

Remove „If entering a blank password does not work at first, try
rebooting. If still no success, boot to 2008.08/2007.02, chroot to the
micro SD card and set a new password.“ or move to discussion, until
someone has this issue. And if someone has this issue, this should
rather be debugged. I can’t think why this would happen, and it probably
just confuses readers of the wiki page.

„Note: By default, Debian is already configured to write limited
messages to the console during boot. Does this actually speed things up
anymore?“ Did someone investigate this? Ideally, either remove this note
or the whole section can be removed.

„Press the power button or run 'apm -s' to suspend.“ Suspending by apm
-s is not very nice to fso-frameworkd. Maybe put the correct dbus (as an
mdbus command line) there?

„That's probably not sufficient to keep the clock accurate. It might be
worth configuring some form of NTP.“ Somewhat correct. ntpdate will be
run when a network interface comes up, but at that time, usb0 is not
available. Maybe rdate is a better alternative.

„Running X as normal user“ No need to divert, as /etc/init.d/nodm is a
conffile and dpkg won’t override it without asking what to do.

Thanks for your work,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner