Hi,

Just another incident I don't know what to make of...

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 09:23:46PM +0100, g...@ergoarte.ch wrote:
> Wenn I leave my Freerunner alone for a longer time and place a
> call to it from another phone, I get the signal that the nummer cannot
> be reached. Is this a known problem?
>
> I'm not sure how to debug, will take any tipps.
> A "longer time" is an hour or more, still trying to get a more precise
> interval. It also doesn't seem to happen every time, but at least half
> of the time. Will get back with more precise data when I have it.
>
> Still running a normal Debian installation with kernel
> 2.6.24-20081103.git7172ec57

Last night, I left the Freerunner attached to the adapter. In the morning I
called its number. Got a normal ringing on the calling side but didn't hear the
phone. Called again. Still didn't hear the Freerunner in the other room.
Then found it in a state of constant buzzing and unresponsive to input.
I attached it to my PC and found that it didn't accept my password over
ssh (it was pingable and did give a ssh passwort prompt).

The touchscreen did react to input but unbearably slow, after 5 minutes
of buzzing I decided to restart. Holding the powerbutton for >10 seconds
did shutdown.

After a restart everything is normal and I find nothing in the log-files
(there are to few, I will enable more logging).

Gyelt