> Well, since we don’t have Illume yet, we have to work our way around.
>
> You should be running openmoko-panel-plugin which gives you some icons
> at the top. You can click on the keyboard icon (or use the AUX key) to
> get an on screen keyboard. With Alt-Ctrl-X you start an xterm, which is
> all a Debian user needs to get started :-)
>
> (Actually, we want to ship some proper window manager eventually, but
> things are sometimes moving slowly.)

I found that this leads to quite a usable system:

- apt-get install matchbox [to get all components]

- put the following into .xsession:

matchbox-panel &
matchbox-desktop &
openmoko-panel-plugin &
zhone &
exec matchbox-window-manager -theme blondie -use_titlebar yes \
         -use_cursor no -use_desktop_mode decorated

Matchbox-panel works well as an application launcher.

-use_desktop_mode decorated makes it to be threated as a normat window,
e.g. you may switch from it to other one by taping on it's title.

To enlarge font in window title,
edit /usr/share/themes/blondie/matchbox/theme.xml and enlarge both <font
id="titlefont" ...>  and <frame id="main" ...>

To get a nice terminal emulator, apt-get install lxterminal

Still could not enlarge matchbox-keyboard font - looks like it is not
possible without altering the code.

Also, *sometimes* it is not possible to switch from desktop to other opened
window by tapping on title - but it may be workarounded by starting
anything (e.g. lxterminal) and switching from there.