Am Thursday 05 February 2009 11:48:03 schrieb Alain2210:
> 1) for fso do you prefer using the standard modem files the most or to
> adapt it the most to each model (the both solutions have pro and con) ?
> That is, to be more precise, is it good to send commands like ATZ that ezx
> does not accept, but, for which, ezx answers only an error which does not
> matter ?

This has to be decided on a case-by-case basis. It doesn't bother me too much
that some commands in the init sequence are not understood by EZX. In general
I try to use custom commands only if they provide a real additional value --
such as the %CPI in the Calypso model.

> 2) ezx does not accept at+cpin?, so it seems that the only solution is to
> use the status variable insteed. It can only be a problem if frameworkd is
> launched again after the sim has been unlocked. But is it a real problem ?

I don't think it matters too much. Frameworkd tries hard to power off all
devices when it shuts down, so on every startup should behave like all
devices had been shut down.

I must admit ogsmd has largely been influenced by the way the TI Calypso
handles all that -- naturally, since it was the first modem that was
supported. Other models behave differently, such as inherently autoregister,
once you unlock the PIN. I'm open to changing the default behaviour to suit
the majority of supported devices, adding exceptions for the minority.

I'm also open to changing semantics of the interface, if you have good
reasoning. So... lets try to make it run well on EZX! :)
--
:M: