Hi Sebastian!

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:10:15 +0200, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:39:14PM +0200, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
>> => kernel remounts filesystem because ext4 detects crappy
>> filesystem - but I do not even use ext4 :S

FYI, ext4 support is being changed to a module as on "normal" Debian
kernels and this should avoid similar problems.  Upstream phased out
ext4 support back on April:

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=065c0049e3cf229ca0ce1fac4de6056857030593

> I just rechecked the thread I started when the last 2.6.29 kernel
> got out and reread Luca's answer. Adding "rootfstype=ext2" to the
> kernel options solved the problem (since I use qi it's *NOT*
> default).

Should a note be added to the Debian install.sh script or somewhere else
(Debian or Openmoko wiki)?

> The problem itself is described (incl. fix) at ext4 mailinglist:
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-ext4/2009/1/20/4774074/thread

From my quick view, it seems that the fix is not yet included in
upstream Linux kernel, but I could be wrong.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca