On Tuesday 30 June 2009 14:41:45 Luca Capello wrote:
> I can reproduce the error I get with my old Debian on a new installation
> with kernel 2.6.29.  Again, if I start Zhone from an SSH session,
> everything is OK, but from ~/.xsession I always get D-Bus timeout errors

My theory would be that during the X start a lot of things happen in parallel,
hence D-Bus calls take longer.

I strongly recommend that you do not use Debian's stock dbus, but rather a
patched version that allows for longer timeouts. The upstream dbus
configuration _is_ broken in that regards. And yes, the upstream dbus people
are aware of that, but they are so PC-centric that they are not interested in
fixing that :(

You can grab the patches from OE.

:M: