Hi Joachim,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:04:45PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Actually, your package ships
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/80ophonekitd
> which means that (at least when using the default nodm setup),
> ophonekitd is started automatically. Not sure if we really want that,
> some people might prefer zhone or pyneo and just happen to install
> ophonekit by accident.
> Anyways, this file has severe bug: It calls "exit 0" at the end. But
> since these files are sourced (not executed), this ends the X session
> immediately. I suggest you just remove this file for now.

I can add a /etc/default/ophonekitd with AUTOSTART=yes, which is
checked before the start. The file could be configured via debconf.

> Unfortunately, ophonekitd crashes on me. The crashes occur at different
> points, sometimes after
> ** (process:2463): DEBUG: Entering glib main loop
No idea what may fail that early in the progress :(

> sometimes after
> ** (process:2429): DEBUG: Adding signals.
For me shr-dialer crashed at this point when I was packaging it. In
my case the real bug was missing configuration file for
libphone-utils, but it's now in the package. The code which prints
those lines is from libframeworkd-glib btw.

> ** (process:2509): DEBUG: Initiated etk
> ** (process:2509): DEBUG: call status handler called, id: 0, status:
> 1074028672
> GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_lookup: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
> aborting...
I didn't get this one before - No idea what it may be and where it
occurs.

> No useful backtraces from gdb.
This is due to all those abstraction libraries, I had problems, too,
when packaging shr-dialer. gdb seems to be unusable with shr stuff.

> Also shr-messages fails on me:
> $ shr-messages
> ** (process:2553): DEBUG: Trying to get the system bus
> ** (process:2553): DEBUG: Adding signals.
> ** (process:2553): DEBUG: Entering ecore loop
> ** (process:2553): DEBUG: phonegui_messages_show()
> ** (process:2553): DEBUG: ogsmd_sim_retrieve_phonebook_callback()
> Failed to handle dbus error: Resource Device is not enabled, current
> status is 'disabled', 73 (dbus-glib-error-quark), code 32
>
> and the shr-dialer fails when I try to call someone. Obviously they
> don’t have proper error handling in case ophonekitd is not running.

Actually it seems they have no error handling at all. The error in
shr-messages is obviously, that GSM ressource from FSO is not
enabled, so it can't get what it needs. You should have checked
ophonekitd.log, too because it tells if it couldn't enable
ressources. Maybe you just didn't wait long enough between starting
ophonekitd and calling shr-dialer/shr-messages. If you use illume
as window manager you can use them once the gsm icon shows, that
GSM is connected.

shr-dialer, shr-contacts and shr-messages are very "stupid"
applications btw.

-- Sebastian