i tried both and think e17/illume is more appropriate than lxde.

I confess I haven't tried it but two reasons why I like having a 'real' WM are:

1. One app that I have found (to my surprise) to be quite usable is OpenOffice. I guess that if I were useing e17/illume the pop-up windows would be full-screen (particularly annoying for a search/replace window) and you can't have multiple windows on the desktop.

2. In the office I connect apps running on the Freerunner to the X server on my work computer. Then I can resize the windows bigger than the FR's screen and generally run stuff on the FR as though it were running on the desktop computer.

Cheers,
Jonathan