Hi Nils,

>> some of our supported devices allow to handle simultaneously to up to 3
>> PDP (UMTS/GPRS/EDGE) contexts. This means if we can figure out the
>> protocol spoken between the modem and the access point, we could operate
>> our own server providing various synchronization or push services to all
>> folks that use the freesmartphone.org middleware.
>
> Why FSO specific?

To have a unique feature; to make FSO more attractive than others.

> Or is FSO in this context just meant to read "open service"?

No, FSO-specific. I would be willing to operate a push notification
server as a favour to those who are using the FSO middleware -- as long
as I'm working on this in my spare time, I'm not much interested in
architectures using other middleware, they have their own goals and
infrastructure anyways.

>> I think that would be an amazing addition, so here's the question --
>> does anyone know anything about this protocol? What kind of use-cases
>> would you have for synchronization and push services?
>
> I am not sure but I think there are "standards" for this kind of application
> at least from OMA.
> The German O2 provider offers push services via an OMA push sync protocol - I
> will dig out the name later.

Cool, thanks.

:M: