Thanks for your help. I'm not trying to hide anything! I just wanted
to clear the space and it only gives me "secure empty trash" as an
option in Finder. However prompted by your reply I did a "find" which
points to "Empty Trash" with same command preceded by a circumflex.
Can you tell me how/where I get that please? Thanks.
Graham