Hi Jonathan

Have you tried another keyboard/mouse? It also sounds like it could be a RAM
issue (usually when the cursor freezes it's RAM). I'd say leave it for 24
hours, then force-shutdown and try booting up again.

Regards

Sam
MacAmbulance
Providing affordable Apple & PC services

Sam Mullen
07747 778022
http://www.macambulance.co.uk
i...@macambulance.co.uk