I'm going to wait until non-critical time and even then I'm hesitant. Most upgrades for me have ended up requiring a reset and reinstall.

I have an iPad 2, iPad mini (at work) and iPhone 5 (already looking embarrassed about having a passcode). Having upgraded my old 3GS to iOS 6 and effectively made it unusable, I'm wary of upgrading the iPads. Then again, I think that was the second iOS update for that phone (did they come with 4 or 5?).

So I'll be looking out for performance results. AND I'm not sure I want different OSs running on different devices.

All of which means I'm holding off for a bit. The 5 should be fine, since the 5c is virtually the same hardware, but I do like my iPad and don't want to upgrade him just yet.