Will anybody be updating an iPhone 4?

I'd be grateful if people posted their experiences if you do! I'm keen to
update, but iOS 4 ruined my old 3G...

I know it won't run like lightning, but as long as it works, without huge
lags. Be grateful if anybody could post their findings here!

YouTubes of the GM release on said device look promising, but I'm nervous
after 3G experiences way back when.

Thanks

Adam

p.s. Oh, and is a full restore advised? Will it pull my data from my Mac
again? (contacts, calendars, mailboxes etc?) Or if no real benefit do I
just 'Update'?