I have a problem with Trackpads,

I am used to tapping one and a half times (keeping your finger on the
Trackpad after the half tap) to grab an object (file or folder or window)
and move it around to where I want. You can leave it for a while to move
your finger to the other side of the Trackpad and continue moving it until a
single tap drops it at the desired position (quite handy when you have three
monitors).

I look after around 8 Macs of various models and on two of them the above
action will not work, instead I have to use the three finger drag, which I
find very confusing and inconvenient.

I donĀ¹t need to turn off the three finger drag.

I do need to turn on the one and a half tap drag.

I have searched the System Preferences for Trackpad, and copied Trackpad
preferences files (perhaps the wrong one?) without any luck.

Any one have a solution please?

Paul Owen