Thanks Stephen,

Hoping some clever person would know. So easy when you know how!

Paul Owen

From: <itsagr...@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:40:38 +0100
To: Mac User Group <smug@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [sussex_mug] TrackPad

Hello Paul,

Launch System Preferences on your odd Macs.

Choose View > Accessibility

Scroll down to Mouse & Trackpad

Tap Trackpad options ...

Check "Enable dragging" and tap Done.

Should be sorted.

Why it isn't replicated in Trackpad Preferences I'll never understand.
Perhaps with another Preferences reorganisation in Yosemite ... ;-)

Cheers,

Stephen

"A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but no air force" ~ Unknown