Sam, if I was to lug my Mid-2011 21.5” 500GB iMac down to Brighton sometime,
how much would it cost to replace its drive with a swanky SSD?

I’m very pleased with my iMac otherwise but it’s getting slower. iDefrag
certainly helped, no doubt there, but each time I use my partner’s MacBook Air
it reminds me how slow my iMac is.

AND

I had pretty much all my photos in Aperture and I’m now using Photos with
iCloud Library. For me it’s worked very well and so far no lost photos, no
duplicates (apart from image versions from Aperture, or at least that’s what I
think it is …) That’s my experience, sadly yours doesn’t sound so good. :-(

Stephen

"This [Assange] episode teaches some lessons. Essential among them is the fact
that analysis in the corporate media is now crippled beyond repair, its
credibility a smoking wreck.” ~ Simon Wood, daily99998271.blogspot.jp