Thanks both.

I almost took the plunge with their 50% off sale, Stephen, but I'm still on
Mavericks so needed software they no longer support and I fear I'll be in a
cycle of updating/switching software.

I might try the spreadsheet option first. Peter, I don't suppose you'd send
me a blank version/template of yours with formulae intact etc please?!
Saves me reinventing the wheel?

Warm regards

Adam

p.s. I was offline for Christmas/NY so didn't manage to chime in with my
warm appreciation for SMUG, and of course Sam's generous input. I'm now a
Londoner, and haven't joined LMUG (yet) as it's a different focus really -
regular socials and watching the Keynotes live in a pub, but it's a paid
members group and SMUG is the warm and helpful online community I need! I
hope to join up in due course, but age-and-stage (we're a big, busy, young
family) can't easily justify trips to Leicester Square to talk about the
lack of Mac Pro updates!