Got a query with transferring images and videos from my iPhone 7 to my PC, not
my Mac (I know I will probably go to jail for using a PC!)

I connect the iPhone7 to the PC and go to the DCIM folder. But I have 17 Apple
folders, not just one, so have to go to each one and copy over. But even then,
some files won't transfer and some that have transferred (.jpg and .MOV) won't
play or display.

Also, some JPGs that show a correct number for example IMG.9398.jpg are
followed by a video of the same name IMG. 9398.MOV.  But to add insult to
injury, I also have JPGs with completely different identities for example
MHB09028.JPG, but open correctly.

To start with, I was connecting my phone using a USB cable and that opened a
window on the PC where I could simply import additional files (not the whole
lot) to the Photos app, but can't seem to do that now -says 'No photos or
videos were found on this device'. Just get the window with the green progress
bar wearing itself out. 'Looking for photos an videos . . .'

I'm hoping to get some brain cells stirring!

Thank you
John Catchpole