Does it allow you to clone it to a disk image and mount it (bit of a long shot, I know...)?

Cheers,
Jason

On 17 Nov 2020, at 19:46, David Ransom wrote:

I have just discovered that Apple have apparently discontinued support for
old CDs even though they have been burnt on a Mac in the past!

This is an extract from a discussion I found when searching for my error message 49153 – https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250829936?page=1

"Digging deeper, it turns out that I can mount CD-Rs formatted as "Mac OS Extended" (HFS+) and all the ones that will not mount are formatted as "Mac OS Standard" (HFS). Looks like Catalina has dropped support for old HFS
volumes, bummer if you have a bunch of old CD-Rs."

I've attached a screen shot. This has still not been fixed (I am running
BigSur 11.0.1).

Has anyone else seen this problem, and do you know of an easy solution
other than finding an old Mac, or even worse, a PC!!!!???

David

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sussex Mac User Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to smug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smug/CA%2BCHw1%2ByAih0Ls0xTeB%2BeVGCoMqu%3DC4jqaaKvvZXos0N6gsjSg%40mail.gmail.com.

Cheers,

Jason