Hi Virginia
I have almost the same printer. It too has sometimes inexplicably gone
“offline”. From memory, what I used to do to fix it was:-
1. unplug printer (or take out the power lead from the back of the printer)
2. plug it in again (or stick the power lead back in)
3. see if it reappears on line in System settings - scroll down to near the
bottom of the list -“Printers and scanners”
4. see your printer (if it’s there) and click on it. This will reveal a new
menu where if necessary you can click Remove the printer, then reinstall it.

Phil T