-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Caroline B-C
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Check out this email site

Hi everyone -

Seems like it has been quite an interesting time in the 'box while I was
out - life has been a bit interesting here too for the moment.
Unfortunately, I ended up way over quota and had to delete most of my
mail :( I have been poking at today's mail and found this - more on it
later.

In the last month, I have a. been in Atlanta for two weeks

b. help out with my SIL's wedding in Chicago for a few days

c. planned (in three days due to b - soooo proud of myself for pulling
it off) and taught a cooking class - will forward recipes later. No okra
this time - I promise! :)

d. was sick for a little over a week - still recovering

e. taken over the AR duties as well as my customer service/tech support
stuff for the company. Unfortunately, the person who had been "doing" it
is (bless her heart) poor at organizing the financial paperwork as well
as herself and equally poor at completing such boring tasks as actually
entering payments received into the computer. It is the end of the
quarter and we need to file our financial statements with the financial
information listed on the BACKS OF ENVELOPES!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't make
this up. Best yet, we can't fire her because she is the founder's wife
and has never done any financial anything before and doesn't want to
follow my suggestions because they're too much work. *sigh* Next week, I
get to go and clean up the mess.

Arrrrghhhhhhh

Anyhoo - about this runbox place. Since I am in the biz, I can tell you
you get what you pay for with email. Some warning signs I see are the
100MB limit in your mailbox - that is, what, about a days's worth of
just Sandbox emailsw?

Also, the AUP (listed as a TOS in this case) - be *sure* you read those
before you sign up for something like this - prohibits "transmit content
that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive,
vulgar, obscene, or that contains viruses or other similar harmful
programming;"

In addition, if you read further down:
"Runbox does not make any warranty that Runbox Mail Manager will meet
your requirements, or the services will be uninterrupted, timely,
secure, or error-free" Gee, that doesn't sound much better than Yahoo, no?

and
"Failure to comply with the ToS may result in the termination of your
account, with or without notice, upon which incoming email will be
returned as "undeliverable". The provisions of Sections 2, 5, 7, 8, 10,
and 11 will survive any such termination." That could be an issue if
they decide *they* or some recipient - any recipient - doesn't like
getting the spicier sandbox fare  or anything else that anyone might
find objectionable for any reason.

Also, since it is in Norway, there is effectively no live tech support -
heavens knows how long you will have to wait to get help with something.

You can find muuuuuch better out there - don't go for these el cheapo
deals unless you know the people personally who are running it. You
should expect to pay $10-$20 a month for a reliable, inexpensive email
provider.