Oh I see your point, but by doing it in the schools (or on TV as in this case) others are taking away my right to parent as I see fit.  Sex outside of marriage is against my moral values, and the religious beliefs I teach my children.  By teaching something else, particularly in the schools, the government is infringing on my rights as a parent to instill the values I choose in my children.

It is the parents responsibility only.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Angela
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 9:06 AM
To: The Sandbox Discussion List
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Should mass media promote condom use for teen-agers?

The parents should be the main ones to speak to their kids about it, but sadly there are many parents out there that wont talk about it. My parents refused to talk to me about any kind of birthcontrol at all and look where it got me. Dont get me wrong I love my kids to death, but I do wish someone had taken the initiative to talk to me about condom use and other forms of birthcontrol. See where I'm coming from?