Title: The Daily Humorscope

Charles Mims's Personal Humorscope
for Tuesday, September 30, 2003

"My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum security twilight home in Australia." -- Dame Edna Everage

Aries (March 21 - April 19)

In the grocery store, you will see quite a few people with infants in their shopping carts. Try though you might, however, you will not be able to find the bin with the children. Perhaps they're sold out? Important Safety Tip: do <ot stop one of the women with an infant and ask her to show you where her baby came from.

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

You've been complaining too much, lately. You might find more to enjoy in your life by watching a documentary about a lot of people starving to death in miserable third-world slums. I know that always cheers me right up!

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)

Most people are aware that it's supposed to be good luck to toss a pinch of salt over your left shoulder. Today you will discover that it's even better luck to toss a carton of yogurt over your right shoulder.

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Ian McHarg once said, "Man is a blind, witless, anthropocentric clod who inflicts lesions upon the earth." You will come up with a brilliant rebuttal to this, soon. You will say: "So?"

Leo (July 23 - August 22)

Excellent day to fly a kite shaped like a life-sized pterodactyl. Try to get it to hover just outside someone's office window.

Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

You look rediculous in that. Go and change.

Libra (September 22 - October 22)

You are being followed by a man with an eye patch and a prosthetic limb. He, in turn, is being followed by a large reptile, which is making a ticking sound.

Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)

Good day to doodle.

Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)

You are about to leave a footprint in the sands of Time. The editors of Time would prefer it if you'd ask permission first.

Capricorn (December 22 - January 20)

A person wearing a frilly pink tutu will appear, uninvited, at your next potluck event. He will become quite ornery, when you ask him to leave.

Aquarius (January 21 - February 18)

Crisply salute everyone you meet today. They'll all be startled into saluting back, and then they'll feel like idiots. You should then smile charmingly at them, and saunter off.

Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

Dorothy Parker once said "if you can't say anything nice, come sit next to me." Today that will be strangely relevant to your own situation.

The Daily Humorscope