Good one.

David L.

Ben Franklin:  “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt, they have more need of masters.”

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:20 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: [Sndbox] Black Minister Says America Needs Ten More Like RushLimbaugh

Black Minister Says America Needs Ten More Like Rush Limbaugh

Los Angeles- Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, Founder and President of BOND, the Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny today came out strongly in support of popular radio talk show host and former ESPN commentator Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh came under attack for comments he made last Sunday on ESPN's NFL pregame show in which he criticized the media for giving undeserved credit and recognition to Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, who is black. As a result, Limbaugh's critics demanded that he be removed from his position at ESPN. NAACP President Kweisi Mfume called Limbaugh "bigoted and ignorant." Late Wednesday Limbaugh resigned from his position on ESPN and issued a brief statement in which he wrote, "My comments this past Sunday were directed at the media and were not racially motivated. I offered an opinion.. I love the NFL Sunday Countdown and do not want to be a distraction to the great work done by all who work on it.."

Rev. Peterson commented: "As a black American I didn't find Rush's comments to be offensive or in any way racist. Rush was doing what ESPN hired him to do which was to give his unique opinion and analysis about football. What has so many people angry is the fact that a Republican white male dared to publicly criticize the performance of a black athlete. The real bigots are the people attacking Rush for expressing his opinion," said Rev. Peterson.

"Where was the outrage from Kweisi Mfume and others when the black Chicago Cubs Manager Dusty Baker said that black and Latin players were better suited to play in the summer heat than white players," asked Rev.

Peterson.

"We need more Rush Limbaughs and less Kweisi Mfumes in the world. That is what's wrong with race relations in America, we don't have enough people with the courage to call things as they are because they're afraid of being called 'racist'," Rev. Peterson said.