That's interesting, because I read an article on this controversy the other day and they gave a date like 1942 or 1948 for the pledge.

Charles Mims

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of GOP Momma
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 11:05 AM
To: The Sandbox Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Pledge

Actually the Pledge originated in 1893 on Columbus Day.
The original Pledge was as follows:

'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and (to*) the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.'

In 1924, the words "my flag" were changed to "the flag of the United States of America".
~*~*Bethany*~*~
Low Carbers
Hair Pretties