OMG and we thought *our* judges were bad. ROFL
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 4:30 PM
Subject: [Sndbox] French magistrate tossed off the bench

French magistrate tossed off the bench

A French magistrate allegedly caught masturbating during a court session has been locked up and placed under investigation.

Justice officials in the south-western city of Bordeaux say police have requested a psychiatric evaluation of the magistrate.

The justice ministry has also been asked to temporarily suspend the magistrate, while the matter is being investigated.

A local newspaper reported the magistrate discreetly lifted up his robe while a lawyer was presenting final arguments, undid his pants, and "engaged in gestures that left nothing to the imagination".