--- Begin Message ---
Title: THE FEDERALIST

Federalist No. 03-44
Friday Digest

*Printer-friendly format
Link to -- http://Federalist.com/current2003b.asp
*Manage your subscription
For subscription status, change address, choose format, comments, archive, etc.
Link to -- http://Federalist.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Support The Federalist (make a down payment on the future of liberty),
Link to -- http://Federalist.com/support.asp

______----********O********----______
THE FOUNDATION

"Great necessities call out for great virtues." --Abigail Adams

______----********O********----______
FEDERALIST PERSPECTIVE

Top of the fold...

One year ago, The Federalist first reported that Allied Forces would be unlikely to discover Saddam's WMD stores in Iraq -- that the UN Security Council's foot-dragging had provided Saddam with plenty of time to export his biological and nuclear WMD. Back then, we wrote, "There is a substantial body of intelligence supporting our position that Iraq shipped some or all of its biological and nuclear WMD stores to Syria and Lebanon's heavily fortified Bekaa Valley." In December, a senior-level intelligence source confirmed again that much of Iraq's WMD had, in fact, been moved to and through Syria.

This week, there was, for the first time, official public confirmation of our report. (In case you missed it as the Leftmedia's lead story, don’t fret; we missed it too.) Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. James Clapper, former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, now director of the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, told reporters that U.S. surveillance satellites captured images of vehicle traffic dispersing WMD materiel to urban locations in Iraq and moving large quantities into Syria as well.

"Those below the senior leadership saw what was coming, and I think they went to extraordinary lengths to [dispose, destroy and disperse] the evidence," said Gen. Clapper. "By the time that we got to a lot of these facilities...there wasn't that much there to look at. There was clearly an effort to disperse, bury and conceal certain equipment prior to inspections." Gen. Clapper added that there is "no question" that people and WMD materiel were moved by truck convoys into Syria.

So why wait until now to release this information? First, as we noted last year, the extent and accuracy of this information is a valuable intelligence asset, and the CIA, DIA and NSA are responsive only to U.S. national-security interests. Finding and destroying these WMD stores has everything to do with the likelihood that what we don't find now will visit our shores in a most terrible way later. Undoubtedly General Clapper's remarks were thoroughly vetted for their national security implications as we endeavor to contain Saddam's WMD and make clear that any effort to move them will confirm their current location.

Secondly, because some Americans and their Leftmedia opinion-shapers have very short attention spans, recent claims by Ted Kennedy et al. that President George Bush "misled" the nation regarding the "imminent threat" posed by Iraqi WMD, have undermined some domestic resolve. It is critical that our national resolve remain high and that Americans understand how important it is to keep the frontlines of our war with Jihadistan on their turf, not ours.

And third, because this merely confirms what many Americans not blinded by political ambition, already knew: that Saddam's most deadly WMD are still out there, still capable of inflicting catastrophic devastation in one or more major U.S. urban centers of an al-Qa'ida sleeper cell's choosing, and still capable of wreaking havoc on the economic recovery now underway.

Quote of the week...

"I want to tell you something about this war against terror we are fighting in Iraq and around the world. The foreign terrorists, the Ba'ath Party sympathizers, the Islamic extremists who wantonly kill Americans and innocent people from many nations, have no idea what they are up against. ... When we say we are going to win this global war on terrorism, we mean exactly that. We don't mean a moral victory, or victory in some abstract sense. The reality of more than 3,000 dead in New York, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon does not allow for such nuances." --Gen. John M. Keane, Army vice chief of staff, at his retirement ceremony earlier this month

On cross-examination...

"When it comes to whether or not we are going to wage this war against terror in places like Kabul or Baghdad or be more likely to have it waged in places like Boston or Kansas, the American people understand the front line has become Iraq. ... We saw it again over the weekend, but that's where it needs to be. We need to take this fight to them and we need to support our troops in that effort." --RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie

In a draft memo to the Republican congressional leadership, Mr. Gillespie added: "Last week a significant minority, including leading Democrats, moved to the left of Syria and France by opposing funding for troops and reconstruction in Iraq. ... When it comes to winning the war against terror, the president's critics are adopting a policy that will make us more vulnerable in a dangerous world. ... Specifically, they now reject the policy of pre-emptive self-defense and would return us to a policy of reacting to terrorism in its aftermath."

In other news...

The Muslim holy month of Ramadan commenced with a murderous bang in Iraq ... literally. Monday marked a new and unprecedented wave of violence, when at least 39 people were killed and 224 were wounded in a series of coordinated attacks in Baghdad, including the bombing of the Red Cross headquarters. On Sunday, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz was just a floor away from an attack on his hotel -- which killed an American military officer -- one of two Americans killed in the attacks. (Sources advise The Federalist that some of the shoulder-fired rockets involved in the attack were French-made, and noted they were produced after the arms embargo against Iraq.)

The terrorist assaults are being coordinated by Saddam or most likely his Ba'athist loyalist Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, No. 6 among the "Deck of Death" of 55 most wanted Iraqis, working in conjunction with the Jihadi group Ansar al-Islam, which has proven links to al-Qa'ida. Two captured members of Ansar al-Islam -- a terrorist faction largely composed of foreign Islamist insurgents to Iraq -- admitted responsibility for attacks against U.S. occupation forces and identified al-Douri as the mastermind behind the attacks.

This recent spate of attacks has not been aimed at American targets, however. Their bloodthirsty objective has been to discourage Iraqi "collaborators" -- those supporting the democratization of Iraq after decades of Saddam's terror.

President Bush, pledging to keep the warfront with Jihadistan on their turf, said, "This country will stay the course. We'll do our job. ... The more successful we are on the ground, the more these killers will react. We're determined in this administration not to be intimidated by these killers. We will find these people, and we will bring them to justice."

Of the terrorist's media campaign, Kansas Republican Sen. Sam Brownback concluded, "The opposition, the terrorist groups, the Ba'athists read our media and read our public opinion polls and are trying to play to the country's opinion. ...No question in my mind. This is an international media. They know the importance of this." But not only are they playing to public opinion -- and to partisan political “debate” -- they are also attempting to enliven Muslim sentiment during Ramadan toward anti-U.S. and anti-coalition efforts. Indeed, the Leftmedia is currently an invaluable Jihadi tool, a veritable Islamist recruiting agent.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld added, "We are in a war of ideas, as well as a global war on terror. [I]deas are important, and they need to be marshaled, and they need to be communicated in ways that are persuasive to the listeners. ... In many instances, we're not the best messengers."

Despite all the news on the attacks, L. Paul Bremer, U.S. civilian administrator in Iraq, notes, "There are a lot of wonderful things that've happened in Iraq since July. We have a Cabinet now; ministers actually are conducting affairs of state. ... We have met all of our goals in restoring essential services. ... All the schools and hospitals are open. Electricity is back at prewar levels."

Further, Commerce Secretary Donald Evans returned from his tour of Iraq estimating the nation's oil output to hit five to six million barrels per day within the next three to for years -- an amount tripling Iraq's current output. Iraq's oil ministry, meanwhile, remains decidedly more cautious in its estimates, hoping to reach the six million barrel-per-day mark by 2014. The Federalist suspects Evans' optimism derives from his expectation that free-market incentives will accelerate the rebuilding of Iraq's dilapidated or destroyed oil infrastructure.

News from the Swamp...

In the Executive Branch, President Bush returned from his ten-day diplomatic whirlwind tour of Southeast Asia and Australia to a legislative backlog the administration is eager to see resolved before Congress's recess, scheduled to begin November 7. At the top of the agenda are wrapping up the administration's energy bill and the so-called Medicare "reform" bill with a "prescription drug benefit" for seniors. In keeping with the White House's expansionist domestic policies, Medicare prescription drug coverage was a key Bush campaign pledge in the 2000 election.

On the Hill, a major victory for the White House this week as the joint House-Senate conference committee approved the President's $87-billion defense and reconstruction bill without the stipulation that half of Iraqi aid should be in the form of loans, not grants. The full House approved the bill Thursday night, and the Senate is expected to do the same. The President had threatened to veto his own bill if the loan amendment was not defeated. The bill includes $64.7 billion in military funding and $18.6 billion for Iraqi reconstruction, as well as $1.2 billion for the reconstruction of Afghanistan.

The nearly $20 billion in U.S. grants for Iraq's reconstruction was buttressed by an additional $13 billion promised by state donors at last week's Madrid conference, though it is still well-short of the $56 billion the World Bank estimates a five-year reconstruction will cost.

Madrid's success was mitigated by the reticence of Old Europe, specifically Germany and France, to contribute to Iraq's reconstruction -- a reticence not missed by Ayad Allawi, current president of the Iraqi Governing Council and Iraq's senior representative at the meeting. Said Allawi, "As far as Germany and France are concerned, really, this was a regrettable position they had. I don't think the Iraqis are going to forget easily that in the hour of need, those countries wanted to neglect Iraq."

World Bank President James Wolfensohn, meanwhile, said this week that nations should forgive about two-thirds of Iraq's foreign debt of $120 billion to give the emerging democracy "a real chance of getting back to equilibrium." The Federalist holds that a liberated Iraq is not responsible for the debts incurred under the abuses of Saddam's Ba'athist regime, and should not pay those, like the French, who attempted to profit from the regime's rule.

In the Senate, the nomination of Judge Charles Pickering to the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals hit the Left's filibuster wall again. "More than one-third of my nominees for the courts of appeals are still awaiting a vote," President Bush said in response to the obstructionists. "The continued obstruction by a willful minority of the Senate is bad for our country, harmful for the provision of justice for all Americans, and damaging to the smooth functioning of our judicial system. It hurts America and it is wrong."

Meanwhile, conservatives are split over a deal being brokered by the White House and Senate Judiciary Committee Chair Orrin Hatch, in an effort to have Michigan Demo Sen. Carl Levin remove his blockade against some of the President's stalled judicial nominees. The deal would create two new Michigan-based federal court seats and would move forward the confirmation of at least one unconfirmed Clinton judicial nominee. The Federalist would rather that Senate conservatives choose the so-called "nuclear" option and force judicial nominations to a floor vote. Let's RUMBLE!

In not-so-good news, Congress will not get a chance to extend the Internet Tax Freedom Act before it expires today, because Republicans Lamar Alexander and George Voinovich are holding the legislation in limbo -- fodder for some other legislative wink-and-nod shenanigans. The Act is a moratorium on Internet access taxation, and double taxation of Web purchases.

And a footnote: Georgia Democrat Zell Miller announced his support for President Bush's reelection in 2004, offering to campaign for the man he considers "the right man at the right time." Sen. Miller, set to retire from the Senate next year, voiced sentiments highly critical of the Democrat establishment, saying that he would not "trust" any of the nine Demo presidential contenders with the executive office. "This Democrat will vote for President Bush in 2004." Of the Braying Herd of Jackasses, Miller suggests they all take some "calm-me-down pills."

On the Homeland Security front...

Domestic Jihadi Iyman Faris (AKA Mohammad Rauf) of Columbus, Ohio, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for providing material support and resources to al-Qa'ida and conspiracy for providing the terrorist organization with information about possible U.S. targets for attack.

And there’s more domestic eco-terrorism news from the West Coast. The FBI has issued a warrant for the arrest of 62-year-old Michael Devlyn Poulin, suspected of removing bolts from high-voltage electrical towers, causing them to collapse the next time they’re hit with high winds. The most recent case involved a tower in Sacramento, but in the last 10 days, other towers in Madras, McNary and Klamath Falls, Oregon, have had bolts removed. It is not known how many other towers may be affected, but it is known that radical groups such as Earthfirst and the Earth Liberation Front have used similar tactics against power grids in the past.

From the "Department of Military Readiness"...

In an effort to keep military recruiters off campus, Yale Law School University professor Robert Burt and 43 of his colleagues have filed suit against Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, protesting DoD's “don’t ask don’t tell” policy on homosexuals. The suit claims that DoD refusal to sign a "non-discrimination" pledge is sufficient to disqualify its recruiting efforts. Our readers should note that Yale receives $300 million of your tax dollars for medical and scientific research, which was suspended the last time the University pulled this stunt. Apparently Burt and company think that taking the matter to the Leftjudiciary will enhance their efforts to keep recruiters out while retaining their Leftist indoctrination funding. Alas, they’re probably right.

From the "Department of Military Correctness"...

And if you were wondering what DoD does with the lawyers it recruits, consider the following: Army Lt. Col. Allen West, who used "psychological pressure" to coerce an Iraqi detainee into providing information that thwarted a planned attack on U.S. soldiers in the northern Iraqi town of Saba al Boor, is facing one count of aggravated assault and a scheduled Article 32 hearing that could result in his court-martial. Col. West twice fired his service weapon in close proximity to the prisoner to "encourage" him to disclose the life-saving information. West is an artillery officer with the 4th Infantry division occupying hot zones around Tikrit, Saddam's hometown.

Col. West reports, "I did use my 9mm weapon to threaten him and fired it twice. Once I fired into the weapons-clearing barrel outside the facility alone, and the next time I did it while having his head close to the barrel. I fired away from him. [I]t was done with the concern of the safety of my soldiers and myself."

Article 128 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice notes: "Any person subject to this chapter who attempts or offers with unlawful force or violence to do bodily harm to another person, whether or not the attempt or offer is consummated, is guilty of assault and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct." Col. West has rejected a prosecutor's offer to resign rather than be tried. If convicted, he could receive a maximum term of eight years. Regardless of the judicial outcome, our esteemed thoughts, our well-wishes, and our gratitude are with Col. West.

Meanwhile, Senator Trent Lott had a few things to say about the difficulties in Iraq: "Honestly, it's a little tougher than I thought it was going to be. If we have to, we just mow the whole place down, see what happens. You're dealing with insane suicide bombers who are killing our people, and we need to be very aggressive in taking them out." Perhaps Col. West can call the good Senator as a defense witness!

Judicial Benchmarks...

From the Leftjudiciary, as predicted last week, the legal battles over the life of Terri Schindler Schiavo resumed this week, with Mrs. Schiavo's estranged husband resorting, again, to the Florida courts as the instrument to ensure his wife's death. Quick query: Mrs. Schiavo is innocent of any crime; why, then, may Florida courts permissibly hand her a death sentence, merely at the behest of her husband? Michael Schiavo is contesting the legality under Florida's constitution of the hastily passed "Terri's Law," which allowed Gov. Jeb Bush to order that Mrs. Schiavo not be starved to death. Benighted "bioethics" analysts may cast Mrs. Schiavo's plight as a classic "quality of life" case; it's not, however. Instead, it's a "value of life" case.

Regarding the redistribution of your income...

When is a pay raise not a pay raise? When it's written up as a law, amazingly. "This is not a pay raise. This is an increase that's required by law," claimed Senate Appropriations Committee chair Ted Stevens, on the "not a pay raise" that raised pay for members of Congress from today's $154,700 to $158,000 in 2004.

And now that they got theirs, how are they spending yours? For starters, this week's 60th annual National Peanut Festival in Dothan, Alabama, received $202,500 for the event.

The BIG lie...

"[President Bush can not] walk away from his responsibilities for 9/11. ... You can't blame something like this on lower-level intelligence officers...." --Fired former NATO Supreme Commander Gen. Weasely Clark humming Teddy Kennedy's tune that Mr. Bush knew there was no imminent threat from Iraq.

On the Left...

From the "Braying Herd of Jackasses," a few thoughts from this week's "debate": "I'd say all of us up here support our troops a great deal more than the president of the United States does." --Howard Dean .... "Right after 9/11, this administration determined to do bait and switch on the American public. President Bush said he was going to get Osama bin Laden, dead or alive. Instead, he went after Saddam Hussein. He doesn't have either one of them today." --Wesley Clark .... "What I voted for was to hold Saddam Hussein accountable but to do it right. This president has done it wrong every step of the way." --John Kerry .... "Bush was wrong to go in in the first place. To delay coming out doesn't make it right." --Rev. Al Sharpton .... "We blew the place up, we have to fix it back." --Carol Moseley Braun .... "Our sons and daughters half a world away put their lives at risk every single day with no plan in sight. Is this our America? No, we have work to do." --John Edwards .... And sometimes they get it right: "I didn't duck it, I didn't avoid it, I voted to support our troops and I am proud of it. ... If everyone had voted the way John Kerry did, the money wouldn't have been there to support our troops." --Joe Lieberman

From the "Non Compos Mentis" Files...

So much for the "Alpha male." Though we didn't think it was possible, Demo presidential frontrunner Howard "Dizzy" Dean has proved himself an even more laughable jackass. Earlier this week, Dean touted himself a "metrosexual" -- the latest, greatest buzz word to describe heterosexual men cognizant of their feminine sides. Uh, yeah. Dean went on to confuse his audience with a story about the time a homosexual told him he was 'handsome,' but was ultimately reduced to telling ... the truth: "I'm a square. ... I've heard the term [metrosexual], but I don't know what it means."

Around the nation...

From the states, you may have noted that large swaths of California are ablaze. These fires are not acts of God. Why is a lot of California burning? A shorthand version: Because double-minded state denizens have split allegiances, priding themselves their "green" environmental record and kowtowing to demands that no deadwood be removed, while simultaneously recognizing the need for affordable housing that pushes developments out near the uncleared forest lands.

Most of the fires are being set by arsonists. In one such case, Dikran Armouchian was arrested in Angeles National Forest this week after he was caught setting a fire in a steep, remote canyon filled with dry brush and large trees. Armouchian may be responsible for additional fires.

And speaking of Kah-lee-for-knee-ah, some Golden State Republicans are now suggesting that political satirist Dennis Miller may take a shot at unseating Sen. Barbara Boxer! Miller, a Santa Barbara Republican, is reportedly talking with political consultants to determine the feasibility of a campaign against Boxer.

In business/economic news...

The economy grew at a 7.2% annual clip in the third quarter, the sharpest advance since 1984. Consumer spending and business investment are credited for the surge, in large part thanks to the Bush administration's series of modest tax cuts and regulatory reform.

In faith matters...

President Bush is under attack by Islamic clerics this week. "We feel this administration has not dealt with the Muslim community in the right way," says Mahdi Bray, executive director of the Muslim American Society. "This administration has primarily engaged the American Muslim community in photo opportunities and ceremonial opportunities; a lot of fluff and no stuff."

The complaints stem from a White House dinner to recognize the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. Most of the guests were, appropriately, ambassadors from predominantly Muslim countries and leaders of some Islamic organizations. Not making the cut -- the Nation of Islam, Muslim Students Association, American Muslims for Jerusalem, the Islamic Society of North America, Project Islamic Hope, the Coordinating Council of Muslim Organizations of Greater Washington and the Council on American-Islamic Relations. We suppose that Mahdi's Muslim American Society won't make the guest list next Ramadan either.

In other faith matters, today is "Reformation Day," when, in 1517, an Augustinian father, Doctor Martin Luther, nailed his ninety-five theses to the cathedral door in Wittenberg, Germany. Not to be outdone by Luther, the Episcopal Church continued its reformation this week.

The Federalist noted in our essay, "Homosexual Advocacy in the Church" [ http://federalist.com/papers/03-32_paper.asp ], on the heels of the election of a homosexual bishop, the next standard to fall would be marriage. Indeed, John Chane, Episcopal bishop of Washington, D.C., announced plans to develop rites for homosexual "marriages" for the 94 churches in his diocese -- including the National Cathedral. "In keeping with good Anglican liturgical order, it is my intention...to form a task force to study those liturgical rites that have clearly been in use for some time within the Diocese of Washington to see if there is a form that could be uniformly used by parishes," says Chane.

Episcopal Presiding Bishop Frank Griswold will be in New Hampshire this Sunday to celebrate the seating of that diocese's new bishop, Vicky Gene Robinson. However, Griswold has been uninvited from Saturday's installation of the newly-elected bishop of Florida, Rev. Samuel Howard. The event is scheduled to be held at a large Catholic parish, but both the Catholic leadership and the outgoing Episcopal bishop, Stephen Jecko, objected to Griswold's attendance because of his heretical support for Vicky Gene. Bishop Jecko notified Griswold, "Your attempts to posture a reconciling public image in the church are absurd when, in truth, your abuse of the office has already abandoned any pretense of objectivity and mutual concern."

And last...

In case you missed it, this was national "Protection from Pornography" week. In his proclamation, President Bush noted, "Pornography can have debilitating effects on communities, marriages, families, and children. During Protection from Pornography Week, we commit to take steps to confront the dangers of pornography. The effects of pornography are particularly pernicious with respect to children."
Memo to George: How many millions of children attempt to get to the White House website and type in ".com" instead of ".gov"? If they type in the former suffix, they will be greeted by a graphic pornography website. This cyber-squatting on "White House" has been in effect since Bill Clinton was in office. Granted, it may have been apropos in his administration, but please bring the full force of the central government's regulatory authority to bear in this matter, and put this pornography site out of business.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis! Mark Alexander, Publisher, for the editors and staff. (Please pray on this day, and every day, for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world in defense of our liberty, and for the families awaiting their safe return.)

-- PUBLIUS --

SUBSCRIBE: FREE by E-mail! Get your own subscription to The Federalist!
Link to -- http://Federalist.com/subscribe/
or if you don't have Web access, send a blank e-mail to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Friday's Federalist Digest is available in print for $245/year. For more information, send a message to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
TRIAL SUBSCRIPTIONS: Send The Federalist to your friends and associates!
Link to -- http://Federalist.com/addmultiple.asp (Privacy Notice: We do NOT release ANY information on our users or subscribers under any circumstances, nor do we accept any advertising.)
REPRINT AND FORWARD POLICY: Subscribers may reprint or forward The Federalist, in whole or part. If reprinting to another publication, please include the appropriate citation The Federalist (Federalist.com) in accordance with "fair use" rules, and our Subscriber/User Disclaimer. (For questions, contact our legal department at: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
PATRIOT LIBRARY: Link to -- http://Federalist.com/books/
PATRIOT PETITIONS: Link to -- http://PatriotPetitions.com/
FEDERALIST CATALOG: Link to -- http://kerusso.com/TheFederalist/catalog/default.php

UNSUBSCRIBE: Click on the "Manage your subscription" link at the top of this edition, or if you don't have Web access, send a blank e-mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

SUPPORT THE FEDERALIST! We are not sustained by any political, special interest or parent organization, and we accept no advertising. Our mission and operations are funded entirely by the voluntary financial support of our Patriot readers -- like you! (To avoid IRS restrictions on our editorial content, we do not declare "charitable" tax status.)

Support Online -- http://Federalist.com/support.asp

Support by Mail -- make your check payable to "The Federalist" and please note your e-mail address on your check so our publisher can thank you. Suggested support levels: Family Defender -- $25, Frontline Patriot -- $50, Company Command -- $75, Battalion Command -- $100, Regiment Command -- $250, Division Command -- $500, Corps Command -- $1000. (Family and Frontline supporters are critical to our success.) For more information on joining The Federalist Founder's Circle of major donors, contact <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Send your contribution to:
Federalist Patriot Fund
P.O. Box 507
Chattanooga, TN 37401-0507

Help drive traffic in the "right" direction! Get a free selection of high quality (removable) Federalist stickers for bulletin boards, windows or bumpers. Include a self-addressed stamped (SASE) #10 (10" business) envelope with your donation, and we will send you our trademark slogans "Veritas vos Liberabit" (the truth will set you free), "Annoy a Leftist," and other stickers.
COMMENTS: Our servers automatically delete "Reply" messages to this e-mail. To read or submit comments for publication, link to -- http://Federalist.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please hold your comments to 75 words if you want them posted. For other comments, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Questions about The Federalist may be directed to Executive Editor, Mark Alexander, Senior Editor Cassandra Cornell, Research Editor John Machen, Feature Editors Jonah Walton and Brett Anthony, Legal Editor Michael Coleman, Technical Directors Jeffrey Thomas and Joshua Murray, Advisory Committee liaison Faith Long, or Subscriptions Manager Michele Hope by e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Regarding editing mistakes, we put at least one error in every issue -- just to see if you are paying attention!)
ABOUT THE FEDERALIST: Link to -- http://Federalist.com/main/about.asp
Subscribers agree to the terms of the Subscriber/User Disclaimer at: http://Federalist.com/disclaimer.asp
E-mail President Bush, link to -- http://www.whitehouse.gov/webmail
Contact your Senator -- http://www.senate.gov/senators/senator_by_state.cfm
Contact your Representative -- http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.html
White House switchboard: (202) 456-1414
House and Senate switchboard: (202) 224-3121
Links to Central Government Agencies -- http://www.firstgov.gov/
Visit the most comprehensive tribute to Ronald Reagan on the Internet and read the definitive conservative platform for the next century -- http://www.Reagan2020.com/
"FRUIT FROM THE TREE OF LIBERTY" The Federalist is an advocate of individual rights and responsibilities as ordained by God and established in the governmental context framed by our nation's Founders in our Declaration of Independence and its subordinate guidance, our Republic's Constitution, as explicated by The Federalist Papers. Our mission is to provide Constitutional Conservatives with a quick-reading e-journal digesting a wide spectrum of reliable information from reputable research, advocacy and media organizations -- a brief, timely, informative and entertaining survey and analysis of the week's most significant news, policy and opinion as anecdotal rebuttal to political, social and media Leftists. The Federalist is protected speech pursuant to the First (and Second) Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.
Statement of Allegiance as subscribed by The Federalist's National Advisory Committee, Staff and Associates: "I hereby declare, on oath, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, so help me God."

The Federalist is a publication of Publius Press, Inc.
Copyright © 1981-2003 Publius Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Federalist is a Town Hall Citizen Organization
In God we trust. ><>

--- End Message ---