Oh yeah, there are tons of differences between the last satellite we had and the very first one we had. They had upgraded alot of stuff.....

Also it depends on the package you choose, you can get better packages with better equipment. Just like with tv's, you can buy the el cheapy.....or you can get the streamlined version.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 9:02 AM
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Name that tune...

Small dish satellite (DirecTV, Dish) is new technology and still evolving.  I have a 4th generation receiver.  My brother had a first generation receiver.  His quality and features sucked.  My other TV's have older 2nd gen boxes, and they have less features as well.

Seriously though, considering the initial outlay, the proof that consumers prefer it to cable is the rapid growth of the satellite industry.  I get mail from bright house at least once a week telling me how bad satellite is.  If Satellite wasn't a threat to them, they wouldn't be putting out that kind of advertisement.  If the satellite service is so inferior to cable, then why is it even a threat?

Charles Mims