Oh, can't belive I missed one. lol The shoping channel comment, out of the 60 channels the local cable did have 4-5 or so of those were shopping. Not to mention the tv guide channel etc. Satellite had a ton of choices, cable here and in Louisiana doesn't begin to offer. And what cable does have, they have their own share of shopping channels. So that isn't just a satellite thing. lol

The difference was where I am at any rate, with satellite you got a ton more *real* channels with them. :)
----- Original Message -----
From: Angela
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 6:24 PM
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Name that tune...

  JMO but here we go....

not true, yeah you may not get the 5,000 channels satellite offers, ut seriously, how many Shopping channels do you need?  Very true, I could do w/o the shopping channels.  Cable, IMHO, is considerably better than satellite
1:  Lightning in the air doesn't screw with reception as it does satellite
  I haven't ever had lightning screw up my reception.....Only a really, really heavy rain one time did it go out.

2: No contracts  Thankfully I didn't have a contract.

3: no installation fees  Actually when I went from regular cable to basic cable, I was charged for them to come out here b/c they didn't allow you to just bring the box home and hook it up.  I didn't have an installation fee with my satellite b/c we installed it ourselves.

4:  Free service calls with cable, Satellite charges for just flipping a switch  I was constantly charged service calls with my cable unless it was something outside on the pole causing the problem.

5: and from *MY* experience digital cable gives much clearer picture.
  With some cable companies that might be the case, but Comcast down here had a horrible picture. Our ABC was in black and white and it wasn't our tv, b/c it did it at e'ones house I went to and there was always little sparkles in the picture and sometimes little lines. Now then again, I have seen cable companies that I would take over satellite, just not around here. The cable company sux. If I had Charter or even Adelphia, I'd probably take them over the satellite.