We missed the hovercraft simulation because they held
us up at the gate for too long and they started the
simulation without us...so we ended up touring the
base. This afternoon we saw the Tomcats...but we were
told that they normally have the hornets too...but
some got to sit in the cockpit..but I didn't want to
climb up that high to get in the plane. We watched a
lot of touch and goes....it was impressive.

I am tired tonight. I was going to meet some friends,
but decided to just hang in my room, answer email and
watch tv.

Laurie
--- "Lowell R. Matthews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Laurie wrote:
>
> > We are heading to the Amphib base this morning to
> see a Hovercraft
> > demo..and later today to see some F18s... nice to
> be outside
> > instead of inside the classroom.  I have met a lot
> of nice
> > people... and am having a good time seeing old
> friends from up this
> > way.
>
> Gotta love those conferences.  :-)  And hovercraft
> are just TOO
> COOL!  F-18's are of course impressive, but they're
> old enough now
> they don't have the "coolness" factor of hovercraft
> or the Stealth
> planes.
>
> Best wishes and God bless,
> Lowell