Hmm, wish our bosses would do that here.  They suck!

David L.

Ben Franklin:  “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt, they have more need of masters.”

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 7:05 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: [Sndbox] Workers Cried At Hearing Of Bonus

Workers Cried At Hearing Of Bonus

Tears flowed at a Maine shoe factory when the workers heard about this year's Christmas bonus. "They called us all together and said we would each get $1,000," Lawrence Wyman said. "Everyone started clapping and then they said it would be $1,000 for each year worked." That's when the tears began flowing. At a time when manufacturing jobs are being lost to automation or sent overseas, SAS Shoemakers gave a bonus to its workers totaling an estimated $200,000, Britain's Sky News reported. Plant workers, Lawrence, and his wife, Charline, each received checks for $19,000 for working at the plant 19 years.