I think it was a publicity stunt...pure and
simple..she had been out of the papers for a bit..and
wanted to be back in them.

Laurie
--- Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kabala may have led to Spears' marriage
>
> LAS VEGAS -- The study of an ancient Jewish
> religion, kabala, may have led
> pop singer Britney Spears to wed in Las Vegas, the
> Jerusalem Post reported
> Monday. Spears married childhood friend Jason
> Alexander from Kentwood, La.,
> Saturday, then quickly filed for an annulment, which
> was due to be enacted
> Monday. Sources close to Spears have said that her
> study of kabala, which
> emphasizes marriage and family, may have encouraged
> her in her hasty
> wedding. Kabala, currently popular with various
> celebrities, including
> Madonna and Paul Newman, comes from the Hebrew word
> "kabel," meaning "to
> receive" and is based on the basic truths of the
> universe, according to
> Hananya Goodman, who has written on the ancient
> religion. The kabala's view
> on marriage, according to Goodman, is traditional,
> based on the teachings of
> the Jewish religion but "in a highly mystical and
> sometimes sexualized
> version." However, Goodman said, the form of kabala
> practiced by celebrities
> is more New Age than traditional. "Kabalistic texts
> are a commentary on the
> Torah. The study of it assumes a knowledge which
> these actors and actresses
> do not possess," Goodman said. Spears has been seen
> visiting the Kabala
> Center in Los Angeles and wearing a red string
> bracelet, which supposedly
> protects against the evil eye.
>
> Charles Mims
> http://www.the-sandbox.org
> <http://www.the-sandbox.org/>

=====
Love has its own time, its own season, and its own reasons from coming and going. You
cannot bribe it or coerce it or reason it into staying. You can only embrace it when
it arrives and give it away when it comes to you.
--Kent Nerburn