He's right... the rest are morons...

On Monday, January 19, 2004, at 07:21 PM, Charles wrote:

Lieberman: Bush Fears Only Me

With Wesley Clark saying increasingly bizarre things, such as abortion being fine and dandy with him right up to the moment of birth, Sen. Joe Lieberman is the least extreme of the White House wannabes, and thus he has little shot at bagging the Democrat nomination. But ...

"Some pundits are counting me out, but George Bush isn't. In a conversation he had in Australia, Bush told the prime minister there that he feared only one candidate — and that candidate is me," Lieberman, who isn't even attempting to compete in Iowa tonight, said today in Hanover, N.H.

The Australian newspaper reported that Bush told Prime Minister John Howard in a private meeting in October that he believed Lieberman would be his most formidable opponent.

Lieberman said Bush wouldn't be able to call him a tax-and-spend liberal or weak on defense.

"And just let them try to drive a wedge on values. They're stuck there, too. I am never afraid to talk about right and wrong, to help parents raise decent kids and even to talk about faith," he said.

"My friends, the Bush White House cannot divide and conquer — not this time."

But the left-wing Democrat establishment can divide and conquer and send him back to the Senate.

Behind an able man there are always other able men. - Chinese Proverb